Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fancy Pear Salad

It's the first post on my new blog!  I hardly have time to post on Tried & True and I've started another one.  I'm insane... Wait.  Did I just admit to being insane?  It sounds better to say I want to share insanely good, healthy recipes fitting into a natural way of eating.  It's eating without all the added junk that makes you feel gross.  All of my Tried & True Cooking With Heidi  recipes do not fit this mold, so I needed an outlet to share them without boring all those viewers who like their flour, sugar and additives :)  Enjoy this yummy one from Everyday Paleo!

PEAR SALAD
5 oz. bag mixed salad greens
1 diced pears
1/2 thinly sliced red onion
Extra-virgin olive oil to taste
3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup crushed pecans
Black pepper to taste

1.  Toss greens, pear and onions together.

2.  Drizzle salad with oil, vinegar and sprinkle with pecans

3.  Finish with cracked black pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment